1 I know how to stop Chris Gayle, says Darren Sammy ~ "TAKE NO AS A QUESTION "

Sunday 28 April 2013

I know how to stop Chris Gayle, says Darren Sammy


I know how to stop Chris Gayle, says Darren Sammy



I know how to stop Chris Gayle, says Darren Sammy
"He has had a dip in form in the last few months, but Chris has bounced back well. But then, I know how to stop him," says Sammy.

JAIPUR: He is a happy-go-lucky cricketer. For his teammates, Darren Sammy is Captain Cool, who can go out of his way to support players' cause. In an exclusive chat with TOI, the West Indies captain spoke about various issues. Excerpts

On Sunrisers Hyderabad's good show
I think we've been playing really well as a team. If you look at Sunrisers, you will notice that the team has a never-say-die attitude, and it always work as a unit.

On Chris Gayle's fiery form
Thank God he couldn't play well against Sunrisers on both the occasions. But we all know what he is capable of. And, his innings of 175 proved he is not human; he is superhuman. He has had a dip in form in the last few months, but Chris has bounced back well. But then, I know how to stop him (Laughs).

On his success as a WI captain
It's important to know your players and I've just done that. From the day I've started playing cricket, I've put the team first. I keep on telling my boys that and allow them to take decisions. I may be the captain but this team is run by the players.

On the reincarnation of WI cricket
Guys have worked hard, and coach Ottis Gibson too brought about a few changes. There were bad patches initially. But then, we proved critics wrong by winning the T20 World Cup.

On whether cricket is losing its sheen in the Caribbean
We haven't performed well in the last two decades and that definitely didn't go down well with the fans. There was a dip in interest, but things have changed after our World T20 victory. Fans are again coming out to support us. They have always treated us like superstars, and we ought to respect that.

On whether it's disappointing to be on the SRH bench most of the time
There's absolutely no disappointment. It doesn't matter who's leading the team, at the end of the day it's all about putting up a good show as a team.

On his idol
My favourite cricketer is Jacques Kallis. Sachin, Lara, Sir Vivian will always be there in the list, but I will keep Kallis on top.

On the team's future plans
Our World T20 success is a first step towards right direction. We have to be consistent. We are off to a start, but there's still a long way to go. We have to perform well in Champions Trophy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...
MARUTHU Copyright@2014. Powered by Blogger.